Friday, September 21, 2018

Sunny & Windy As All Get Out

That's today in a nutshell.  When I stepped out early this morning the sun was just powering its was up, lighting the clouds from behind.  Beautiful.  All day gray clouds flung themselves across the sky and then just as quickly blew away.  It didn't rain, it just looked like it would in the next minute for more than half of the day.


The flowers in back are winding down from a summer of riotous blooming.  The rain we've had over the last couple weeks has rejuvenated some of them but the zinnias and petunias are way past their prime.  The red begonia is still giving its all, though, and it's been a week since I've seen a hummingbird.



 


Tonight when we left Friday Night Knitting it was so cool that I huffed my breath out to see if I could see it.  (I couldn't, thank god.)  There was a nice bright moon and not too far away from it was a big, red star that I choose to believe was Mars.  Don't tell me if I'm wrong about that, okay?


I was glad to have my Montparnasse Eco Cardi along to put on because my short sleeves just weren't cutting it on the ride home.  The sweater needs another soak in wool wash and to get patted into shape to dry but I think it looks nice and it's warm.  A good thing to have on this chilly evening.






 
On Tuesday when I met ACJ to write at the Attic I saw that they've jumped on the "quit using straws" bandwagon and have a jar of reusable ones they're selling for $1 each.  I'm glad that society is slowly thinking about plastic and taking steps to eliminate its use.  I refuse to have plastic bags when I shop for anything, except for the ones that you put fruit and veggies in.  Hm, you'd think someone who sews could whip up some mesh bags... maybe I just thought of what to sew for every family for Christmas.



I was late getting to bed last night so I didn't write the prompt and I might not tonight if I don't close and post this and get a move on.  Hasta la vista, babies.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your sweater looks so nice! Nice work!