Tuesday, September 11, 2018

I've Turned Dull

Today was cleaning lady day so I spent the morning staying out of MB's way.  It was also pizza day and caregivers' support group day so I had a late lunch and then packaged up the shrimp for the freezer.  Six half-pound bags of shrimp all ready to brighten up my menus.  Once the shrimp were safely tucked away downstairs I confess that I leaned back on the couch and took a little nap.

Didn't knit.  Didn't sew.  Didn't pick the tomatoes that need picking, I just dozed the afternoon away.


This evening I went to the caregivers' meeting for just a few minutes to thank them for listening to me and supporting me this last year, then I excused myself to go to the first of three lectures about art history given by an art professor from St. Norbert College where DIL1 is in charge of the cafeteria.  In fact, he knows DIL1 and thinks she's wonderful.  I agreed that she's definitely wonderful.


September 11--Ernest Montaut, Fur Goods, P. Ruckmar & Co.  The woman in black seemed to float from one pool of light to the next as she walked down the street.  Angelo could smell her perfume on the late winter breeze.  He quickened his pace to catch up to her, to see if her looks matched his imagination.  As he got closer he heard the tap of her boot heels on the pavement...

And that's when I fell asleep.  I'm extra sleepy lately, able to nod off at any moment.  I got plenty of sleep last night, must be the weather.  Tomorrow afternoon Clyde the appliance guy will stop over to see if the washer is fixable.  Keep your fingers crossed.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Nice to have the cleaning lady there but, at the same time, it feels like you're a prisoner in your own home. Glad you could have a little nap in the afternoon. I do that now every once in a while and don't know why I don't make it a daily habit. Usually feel re-born afterwards.