Sunday, September 30, 2018

I Am So Not A Fan Of...

... coughing myself awake at 4:30 AM and not being able to get back to sleep.  I don't know where this cough came from.  It leaped on me around lunchtime on Wednesday, no stuffy head, no sore throat, just a hard cough, and it's still here.  I'm thinking I'll call the doc tomorrow just to be safe.

Also tomorrow I'm calling both painters to postpone the house painting.  It occurred to me this morning that the thought of having the entire interior of the house painted in the next couple weeks/months makes me feel overwhelmed so I'll just put it on the back burner for a while.  Look at me, I'm a grown up.

I sewed today.  First I sewed the cut fabric tank-length Dress no.1.  I cut it out when it was still hot and humid and, of course, now that it's sewn the temperature barely topped 50 degrees today.  Ah well, it'll get warm again and then I can wear it with my extensive wardrobe of colorful camisoles underneath.


Then I batch-sewed the two Dress no. 2 I cut out of linen and cotton, respectively.  That striped dress is the one with the $20/yard fabric that I had a 60% off coupon for--otherwise I would not own that fabric, trust me.  I'll get the necks bound, the pockets sewn on, and the hems hemmed in the next day or two, sew up the last jumper Dress no. 1 that's cut out and then I can have a cutting day for all the flannel I bought.  Ooh, soft warm clothes.


September 30--Claude Monet, Chrysanthemums.  The spicy scent of the mums rose from the flowerbed.  Last night's raindrops glistened on the petals, looking like jewels in the early morning light.  Abigail walked with her hands shoved in her corduroy jacket pockets.  Her breath made a white cloud as she strode along.  It was colder than she thought it would be and she wished she'd worn a hat and gloves.  Meredith would have had some.  She kept a pair of gloves in every jacket pocket.  Meredith was annoying.

Look at that, it's the end of September already.  Days just fly by, don't they?  I'm going to play a game or two on here once I post this and see if I can't get myself tucked into bed around 9 o'clock.  I need to sleep.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I've had a couple bouts of that "out of nowhere" cough that can drive you crazy. Here's what I learned from the pharmacist at Walgreens: Try their "Wal-Tussin DM Max" Cough and Chest Congestion pills. Really worked for me. Surprised to see those two pink items all cut out and ready to go. Love both prints but I know that's not your favorite color. But October is Breast Cancer Awareness month so maybe that's your support statement. I'll tell myself it is.