Saturday, September 29, 2018

Found It!

This morning after making myself something exceptionally yummy and fancy-ish for breakfast I sat down here to see if I couldn't find that bit of novel--and I did!  I lined up all of the old USB drives laying on the desk and checking what was saved on them.  On the very first one, there it was.  Hallelujah!  What I found is short but it's a vital piece of the story.  Whew.


Now, for that breakfast.  I made these before and when I found some gigantic bell peppers at the farmer's market last Saturday I knew I needed to make it again.  I also bought a couple poblano peppers too which I've been wanting to try.  I cut the big peppers in half and then diced up the poblano for the filling.  Oh, how yummy.  Sauteed onions and peppers, then slightly mashed chickpeas, chopped fresh spinach, salt, pepper, cumin, cinnamon, garlic powder were stirred in.  The bell peppers got pre-baked while the filling was assembled, divided into the pepper cups, then an egg got cracked and poured on top, and they got baked until the egg white was set.  Chives and a few drops of green sriracha topped it off.  Yum.  Very delicious for absolutely no points.



In the afternoon I finally managed to hem the ecru linen Pants no. 1, then sewed my "muslin" of Dress no3 using some gauzy fabric I've had so long I don't remember what I bought it to make.  I graded a smaller top onto the bottom and it worked fine.  The next Dress no3 will be flannel and will have some neckline adjustments.  I'm thinking I'll make it quite a bit closer to the neck and make the V-neck not quite so plunging.  No, I will not be cutting more until I get my last batch of cutting sewn up.


It was darned chilly all day so I'm glad that I brought the bay leaf and sensitive plant in last night.  My cough is a pain and led me to come home early from knitting last night and go to bed without writing the prompt.  I have high hopes for writing tonight.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Hallelujah Moment!! So glad you found that important chapter -- and without too much searching. Your breakfast looks like a picture. Almost too pretty to eat. But glad you're "feeding a cold". Hard to believe it's already chilly up there when the temp here yesterday was in the triple digits.