Monday, February 28, 2011

Peeks of Sunshine

I can't tell you how much happier and more alert I feel when the sun's out, even a little bit, and it's doing its damnedest to be out this morning. Ahhhh. I promised Lala that I'd put some Clearing photos on here from when I visited last week and I haven't gotten around to it yet, so here goes. One of my favorite views is from the student parking up to room #1. It's the first sighting of the campus and always means "you've arrived" to me.






This one was taken standing at the top of the Council Ring path looking down toward the bay. When there's leaves on the trees and bushes you can never see the bay, now you can.









And this is just a look into the woods. It was so peaceful there that day, although I did walk down and gave the dinner bell a few clangs just to do it.










February 27--Germany, Lower Saxony, Aquamanile, in the Form of a Mounted Knight. Jakob pumped the bellows of the furnace that kept his master's forge blazing. He was small to be a blacksmith's apprentice but Goren was a good master. He understood that Jakob needed to eat to grow so he gave him meat, potatoes, and good bread twice a day. He gave the boy a warm corner of the forge to sleep in with a woolen blanket with hardly any holes in it. Jakob wore shoes that nearly fit and had a warm cloak to wear outdoors in winter.

The golden man
on the copper horse
his caged face
a mystery.
Garbed for the joust
spearless over eight centuries
...

I fell asleep. Not dozed off, asleep so Durwood had to take my pencil, notebook, and glasses when he came to bed. I didn't think I was that tired. Maybe I'll work on that poem today.
--Barbara


No comments: