Friday, February 4, 2011

It's Friday, It's Friday, It's My Day Off, It's Friday

Can you tell how glad I am? I have to work tomorrow which doesn't thrill me, it doesn't bum me out totally, but I'm not excited about it. Today, I'm excited about. I need to zip over to Mom's to fix her ironing board and drop off some tp and paper towels (I'm the keeper of the family stores of paper products) and return a few things to the library. Then the rest of the day is mine to do with as I want. Mwa-ha-ha-ha.

February 3--German, Tournament Helm. Taffy was in the kitchen weighing her lunch when she heard something banging on the hall walls. As she turned around to investigate her standard Airedale, Nikko, staggered into the room. His head was stuck in a steel helmet. "Oh, dammit," she said. She wiped her hands on her apron and moved toward the blinded and confused dog. "Come on, Nikko baby, hold still and let Momma get that off of you." She braced her knees against the dog's heaving ribs and eased the heavy armor off him. Nikko sneezed and then went over to get a drink, slopping water all over the tiles. Taffy sighed. She had just mopped the floor. Giggles floated down the hall from the front of the house. Philomena Aurelia Muenstermann," Taffy said, "you come in here and get Daddy's helmet and put it away." She listened to her daughter skip toward her and slide into the room. "Sorry, Momma," she said, "but Nikko likes it." "I don't think he does," Taffy said, "it seems to make him very thirsty." She handed the heavy thing off. "Put it back and leave it there." "O-o-o-ka-y-y-y." Phily needed both arms to carry the heavy steel and brass tournament helm back to her daddy's office. Taffy shook her head. Buddy Ray needed to chain that damned thing to its pedestal or lock his study. And now she was going to have to have the hall repainted again to get the drag marks off the walls.

Well, that was fun. Enjoy your day, I plan to. Oh, and Happy Chinese New Year, it was yesterday and I forgot. It's the year of the Rabbit; both Durwood and I were born in the year of the Rabbit so we should have lucky years. Right? Right.
--Barbara

No comments: