Friday, February 4, 2011

I've Got Good News and Bad News

First the good news--I finished the second WI Morning Mitt yesterday, gave them both a bath in wool wash last night, and hung them on the line overnight to dry. They're still a bit damp but the yarn bloomed a bit and looks gorgeous and feels softer. I like them. I can see I'll be making more of these. Hey, this'd be a good pattern for DS to practice his circular knitting on. As you can see on the left palm I've got a little ladder there. It's no big deal and will probably fade with wear. The right one's about 2 rounds shorter than the left one. I may just pick out my bind off and add those later this weekend. It's sunny right now so I could probably see what I'm doing but I don't want to do it until the mitt is completely dry. Again it's not a big deal. I can see as Clara Parkes the designer says these would be a good showplace for a single skein of variegated and pricey yarn, and I like the way the ribbing makes them snug on my hands. They feel nice.


Now the bad news--I was putting on my socks and discovered the heel of a Cartoons sock is unraveling. Oh, what to do, what to do?

I'm taking the sock and the yarns along tonight and maybe Zoe can help me rescue it. That's what I'm doing. Fingers crossed.

1 comment:

Zoe said...

We should be able to rescue it.... I can't wait to see you tonight!