Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Snowstorm Finn

It was snowing when I got up this morning and it snowed pretty heavily until about noon, then it stopped, so everyone thought that was it. Not so fast. The wind picked up but the morning snow was too heavy to get blown around so it started snowing again and it's still snowing. We're supposed to get between 6" and 9" of snow before it stops. I am so glad that I arranged with my neighbor for him to clear my driveway when he does his in the morning. No birds or squirrels showed up today. Go figure.



I tried my hand at another version of yesterday's Lesson 8. This time I used all of the green and purple colored pencils and made circles. There are a lot more green pencils than purple ones but I like the way it looks.


Then I pulled out 20 Ways to Draw a Jellyfish and started at the beginning. We have a jellyfish, a pufferfish, a ray, an anemone, a seahorse, and a squid. I think they all turned out pretty well.

 


In the afternoon I made a batch of North African Red Lentil Soup. It turned out pretty good and it reminds me of my late friend Lala who turned me on to red lentils a few years ago. Red lentils cook a lot faster than the green or brown varieties.


While watching TV this evening I added a few rows to the Field of Dreams dishcloth. I thought about finishing it but just wasn't in the mood. I've got that Summer in Monaco Campfire sock toe to finish and I changed the size of the tips on a cable so that I can cast on a hat when I finish the dishcloth and sock.


Today was also sock washing day. I wash my compression socks by hand and hang them to dry on the shower rod. Part of me thinks that I'll stop wearing them and just see what happens and then my lower legs feel tight when I walk so I put them on for another day. I'm anxious to hear what the cardiologist has to say tomorrow,

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

It looks like the weatherman wasn't kidding when he predicted all that snow. Glad you've got your neighbor to clear your driveway. I'm so sorry about your friend's passing. You did share a lot of good times together. Think of her as you enjoy that delicious looking soup. And stay warm!!