Friday, January 5, 2024

Not Even a Blur

I looked out at the birdfeeders and there was a Red-Bellied Woodpecker on the suet pellets so I grabbed up the camera, aimed, shot just as it flew away, and didn't even get a blur. Dang it. There were a few Sparrows on the (nearly empty) tube feeder but I aimed at the Chickadee on the platform feeder because they're one of my favorite birds. They're little and feisty. I like that.



Out of the book 20 Ways to Draw a Tree I just flipped it open and drew these figures. I think I like the nest the best, although the fossil sand dollar made out of dots pleases me too.


Lesson Six in the new drawing book was more leaves. I took my time and am very pleased with the way they turned out. This book is much more artist-ic than my other books, it's demanding more precision and pushing me to work harder. I'm liking it.



Tonight at Friday Night Knitting I knitted to the toe decreases of the Summer in Monaco Campfire sock and started the toe. I'm at the point now where all of the rows will be decrease rows but I had to stop and stretch my hands and fingers so I'll finish another day.


This was a 3-Zoom day. At 10am I had a short meet-and-greet Zoom with the facilitator and other members of the Novel Critique online workshop that starts on Wednesday. At 2pm I had my usual Friday Women's Spirit Zoom with a group of writers and at 6pm it was time for Friday Night Knitting.  Whew. That's lots of Zoom-ing for one day. I've already read through the first pages to arrive for critique and see that two more of the workshop members sent theirs this evening. Guess we know what I'll be doing tomorrow while I finish the laundry. Good thing I have my laptop stand because today was surely a sit down day.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

You did do a lot of "zooming" yesterday and didn't even have to leave home! Gloomy day down here today but I still plan to get out and do a little shopping. I'm looking for stuff to put on our new lanai.