Monday, January 8, 2024

Gearing Up

They're predicting a big snowstorm starting overnight so I spent the afternoon gearing up for it. I went to Ace Hardware for a can of gas additive for the snowblower. I went to lunch with friends. I went to the grocery for fruit, chopped salad, and granola. And I stopped to fill up the gas can for the snowblower. Right now I can't use the snowblower (takes my breath away) but I want to have it ready in case my tenant wants to use it. I've contacted another neighbor to make sure the driveway is cleared on Wednesday so I can make it to my cardiologist appointment. All geared up.


There was a nice sized flock of Sparrows around under the feeder today and one lone Sparrow on the suet cakes. Every time I picked up the camera they flew away, all but the one on the suet cakes.



A trio of House Finches visited the platform feeder to see if there were any safflower seeds available. I don't know if they found any but I managed to snap a picture. I caught one on the wing. I like when that happens.


Today's lesson in the new drawing book was the first colored pencil lesson so I got out my big colored pencil case (thanks, DD) and dived right in. I like the way this looks and I think that I'll make a similar one tomorrow using different colors to see how they look when they overlap. I also remembered that there's a new 30-day drawing class on Creativebug that I want to follow but I'll wait until I'm done with the drawing book lessons before I start that, although I confess that I watched the first day's activity but I didn't do it. I'm saving it.



After I got home from all of my gearing up (and lunch) I pulled out the Zentangle book and found three tangles that I hadn't used before so I drew them together in one Zentangle. I think I should have used one more linear tangle to make it less round but I like the way it turned out.


I got mail! OJ sent me a thank you card for his Christmas gift. He says he thinks it's "cool." I'm glad because I was so excited to find something I thought he'd like without needing help from Mama and Dad.


I'm happy to say that my diligence in climbing down and up the stairs seems to be paying off. I was a lot less breathless doing my errands today. I'm so relieved.

And I spent a little time sorting out the tax deductible entries in my check register and putting them on separate Excel spreadsheets. Now all that needs to happen is the 1099s, etc. have to arrive so I can take the lot to my accountant so she can get it all organized.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

I love Oscar's thank you note. He's being taught well. So happy to read you're feeling better. All that up and down is paying off. Good Girl!!