Thursday, January 4, 2024

But A Squirrel

I confess that I haven't refilled the birdfeeders since Christmas so the only wildlife I saw today was this gray squirrel that came to have a little drink at the partly frozen birdbath. No birds came, only this one squirrel.



Lesson 5 in the new drawing book is to draw a stone. A stone. Really? Okay. I got out the required tools and spent at least half an hour drawing this stone. I guess it turned out all right.


I was pleased at the arrangement of drawing book, tin of pencils, drawing pad, and extra tools so I took a picture.

 


In between laundry loads I drew this Zentangle. It's kind of a copy of one in the book but I substituted a tangle that I like better for the lower part.


Late in the afternoon I sat down and taught myself (with the help of a tutorial on the program) how to make a simple Excel spreadsheet to organize my income and outgo for Barbara Writes in 2023. I haven't gotten any tax things in the mail yet but now I've got one aspect of my taxes accomplished. *pats self on back* I didn't make enough or spend enough to have to pay taxes but I still have to file them.


Today was a washing day. I took a shower. I washed my basket of compression socks and hung them to dry on the shower rod. And I did two loads of laundry. I started the laundry late enough that I'll be doing the other two loads on Saturday. You can tell how infrequently I do laundry that I'm only one person and I've got four loads to do. It pays to have lots of socks and undies, also clothes.

They're threatening us with a snowstorm over the weekend. I'm not a fan.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Good for you for being ahead of the game in the tax department. And you got to make a list! I always love making lists and yours is very professional looking.