Thursday, January 18, 2024

'Twas a Woodpecker Day

I looked up this morning to see the Red-bellied Woodpecker on the suet pellets and managed to get a few unsatisfactory shots of it. It was perched on its side so all I got was its tail and underbelly. But it came back and more than once. On the third time I noticed it I finally managed to eke out a recognizable picture of him.



In mid-afternoon the sun came out and a Downy Woodpecker showed up on the tube feeder. It positioned itself in the sunshine and just rode the slow turn of the feeder from when the Sparrows landed on it.


After lunch I turned to Lesson 11 in the new drawing book to find a stained glass picture to copy and color. It was an interesting exercise in drawing. I just copied the random lines that were drawn from the top of the page to the bottom and then started coloring in the spaces. Look at that! It made a landscape. Pretty cool, huh?



I was thinking of projects I could start so I'll have something to knit at Friday Night Knitting. I dug out a skein of sock yarn and investigated a new pattern to try. Then I found a set of mini-skeins of cashmere yarn (that I had to wind into balls by hand) to use to make a little Sophie scarf. I made one last year and enjoyed it so I'm gong to make another one but this time in cashmere. Ooh, luxury.


Late this morning I went to the grocery (I know, I go to the grocery a lot) because I was out of bananas and grapes, and again I enjoyed the ease of walking around and breathing. It's just such a treat! I had to pick up some diet 7-Up because I can have that while I prep for next Tuesday's capsule endoscopy. I can only drink clear liquids, nothing with any color, so I thought I'd treat myself to some sody pop.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Wonderful pictures today. I love the surprise landscape. The colors of the scarf you plan to make are so pretty together and, of course, the birds are always welcome. It makes me happy to read about your trips to the grocery store being so pleasant now.