Monday, January 1, 2024

Happy New Year!

2024 started today and I spent the morning putting on fresh sheets and putting out fresh towels to start the year off clean. I didn't take a shower. I didn't want to go overboard on the cleanliness thing.

This flock of Sparrows and one Mourning Dove spent a lot of time under the tube feeder pecking through the icy snow to find fallen seeds. There were other Sparrows on the feeder tossing down the seeds that were left.

 


Lesson 3 in the new drawing book was to draw a hydrangea. I was quite amazed at how well mine turned out. I took the steps one at a time and drew slowly and I think it looks like a real drawing.

 

After lunch I took a surprise doze at the table and then drew this Zentangle using the three tangles from the other day. Once again practice has made an improvement.

 


In the evening I watched a M*A*S*H retrospective and knitted a few rows on the Field of Dreams dishcloth. I got through the increases, knitted the 3 even rows, and started the decreases. I don't know what I'm going to do with all of the dishcloths that I've been knitting. I cast them on when I need a project I don't have to think about much since thinking seems to be beyond me these days.

 

And that's it for my day. I dug out the accordion file for the new year's receipts and thought about starting to organize the 2023 taxes but since I haven't gotten any year end paperwork I didn't do it. Instead I came back here to read the latest manuscript and promptly dozed off again. You'd think with all of the sleep I get at night that I'd not fall asleep in the day. I skimmed the disgusting layer of fat off the container of chicken soup and had some for supper. It was better without all the slimy fat but still not a banner batch. I'll eat it.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

All your "illustrations" today are banner! Even the simple dishcloth. I love those colors. But the two drawings are among your best. I guess practice does, indeed, make perfect!