Sunday, January 7, 2024

A Light Dusting

I woke up to a light dusting of fresh snow again today. It looks pretty but I'm still not a fan although I did like that we had intermittent sunshine--and they're threatening us with a huge 6-10" storm on Tuesday. Yippee.



I turned to Lesson 7 in the new drawing book and just about fell off my chair. She put all of the lessons together and added her own personal background touch. I spent most of the day working on this picture and I'm not sure if I like it or not. I like the way the images turned out but I'm not sure about the little dashes that fill in the background.


Then to decompress I pulled out 20 Ways to Draw a Butterfly and drew a bat, a flying fish, and a bee. I like the bat and the bee. The flying fish looks a little stunned and panicky, not my best work.


I spent the rest of the day and evening doing nothing. Just wasn't in the mood to knit so I turned the TV on, didn't find anything that caught my fancy, and just left it play while I stared at the screen not taking in much at all. I counted the time until I felt able to come back here and blog, now I'll play a little computer game while I listen to an audiobook, and probably go to bed too early. One good thing, I got another of the online novel group's pages just as I sat down so I'll have something to do tomorrow. Two more to come.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

I know you hate it but that snow on your backyard looks so pretty. Hope the big snowfall predicted passes you by.