Saturday, January 27, 2024

Still Melting

It was another (relatively) warm day today. I didn't go out except to throw things into the recycling bin but the cold in the garage wasn't the sharp stab that it usually is in January. I looked out an hour ago and it looked like it was raining so I opened the patio door and took a picture of the birdbath to see if I could see any raindrop rings. Nope. I guess what I saw was swirling fog but at the base of the birdbath you can see bare grass. Two weeks ago we had 13" of snow in a day. Today there are patches of bare grass and for the last couple days I've heard sounds of snow sliding off the roof. Wild.



I've been focused on incorporating the critiques from the Novel Writing group into my manuscript. This is the critique from the group leader. She has a lot of excellent suggestions, some of them require thinking which can be a challenge because I'm so locked into what I've written. But I'm learning.


I repainted the feathers today and I think they turned out much better. I didn't splash as much water on them, maybe not enough, but I was afraid I'd make them turn into smudges again. The metallic gel pens I ordered from Michaels are supposed to arrive tomorrow so I can use the gold and silver ones to jazz up the feathers a little bit.



When I was digging around looking for non-watercolor markers I pulled a basket down from the shelf in the closet and there was my gratitude journal which I haven't entered anything into for about 8 months. I did today.

 

Then I decided to draw a bit out of 20 Ways to Draw a Jellyfish. Look at the dolphin. I'm amazed at the smooth lines and proportions of the thing. I still think I can't draw but I practice every day (almost) and I'm not bad, if I do say so myself.

 

I went back into MailerLite which is where my monthly progress email is sent from and watched (and watched and watched) a tutorial video about authenticating my new email address on GoDaddy which hosts my website (I have a website!) and writer-ly email. There isn't much on my website yet. I have to figure out how to put my books on there so people can read about them but today all I did was link the email to MailerLite. And I only had to call Tech Support once. This is truly progress. The other day I called them four times in two hours.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Glad all that snow is melting. Thirty-nine degrees sounds almost warm!! Our predicted high for tomorrow is forty-four. We'll be freezing.