Saturday, January 20, 2024

All The Little Birdies

Today was a bird day. It was sunny and not too windy and all of the little birdies came to the feeders. The most surprising was a Junco (on the right) and a Chickadee (on the left) on the platform feeder. Juncos do not feed on feeders, they feed on the ground, but this one had high hopes and even chased the Chickadee away.



Then a Nuthatch swooped in and chased away the Junco, then flew down to the (empty) tube feeder. I need to get to the birdseed store and stock up. I should have gone today but I spent the afternoon critiquing the submissions for next Wednesday's Novel Writing group.


And then I saw a little spot of bright yellow when I looked up and there were three Goldfinches, one on the crook and two on the tube feeder. You can see the little spot of yellow on his throat which I take to mean that they're getting ready for Spring. Any sign of Spring is appreciated.



I did some more on Lesson 12. This is the same peacock feather drawing but the two lines of flags are today's attempts at following the instructions. I don't know how to make the colored pencils darker but I'll try tomorrow.


I got another thank you note, this one from LC. I can't tell you how happy seeing that return address in the mailbox makes me.



Instead of adding more rows to the Cashmere Sophie scarf I decided to cast on and start knitting the ribbing of the Sockeye Salmon Hermione sock. The colors are unlike any other sock I've knitted. I like 'em.


First thing this morning when the sun was shining low across the backyard I noticed how the wind has carved the snow. BTW, the snow wave is still curving over the retaining wall but I suspect it's going to decay and fall this coming week when it's supposed to get into the 30s and maybe rain.


I took a shower today and hand-washed my compression socks. Both of which activities were so much easier now that I'm not 4 pints low on red blood cells. I have the next test on Tuesday, don't know when I'll hear the results, and the next step is the hematologist if Tuesday's test doesn't show anything. I dearly hope I get an answer from someone and not "beats the heck outta me." I'm sorry to bore you about how I'm feeling but I feel so good and I was feeling so bad that the contrast is amazing.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Please do not apologize for the health report!! It could be your headline these days because it's such GOOD news! Love the note from Lucy. Her cursive signature is impressive.