Friday, January 26, 2024

Rain? In January?

It rained today. Well, it sprinkled today and it was warm, it got up to 36 degrees in the afternoon and it's still 36. Looking at the long-range forecast it's supposed to stay in the mid-thirties all week and hit 41 on Thursday. I'd rather rain than snow. As long as it doesn't fall below freezing and ice everything up.

 


This morning I was lucky enough to grab the camera without scaring away the birds under the feeder. There were Mourning Doves and Sparrows pecking away at the birdseed that was exposed by the melting snow. This is the time of dirty snow. I want to know what's in the rabbit raisins that tints the snow blue in places.

 

Lesson 18 out of the new drawing book was feathers. I thought they were turning out pretty well but I splattered too much water on a few of them so some don't look like feathers anymore. I'm going to try this one again to see if I can't do a better job of it. I thought I had some non-water-soluble markers but I didn't. All the markers I could find are watercolor markers but I had a voucher expiring at Michaels so I went on their website, found a set of metallic gel pens and a pad of the paper I need for the Mark Making class, and ordered them. 



I knitted exclusively on the Cashmere Sophie scarf tonight at Friday Night Knitting and added about 40 rows. I don't know how many inches that added but I can see the change. I'm finally seeing the first little ball of yarn ending so I'll be able to add on the next color soon. Good, because I'm tired of this cocoa brown color.


I got a call from the nurse at the GI center at St. Mary's doing the check in and asking when I'd like to come in. I told her late morning or early afternoon and she said most everybody wants to be first so they can eat but I don't want to have to get up at the crack of dawn. I'd rather wait to eat until later and get to sleep until I wake up. I asked about recovery time and she said that we could go to lunch when I leave so evidently there's no recovery needed. I'll be good to go. DD is coming up to drive me to the test and be with me for a couple days. I think she's been very worried and feels too far away so when she asked I said I'd like her to come. It'll be great to have her here for a little while.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Glad that DD is coming up to be with you. Even if you reassure her that you're OK, she'll want to see for herself. Good girl. She was properly raised!