Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Not One Bird

Not one squirrel showed up today while I was looking outside. All I saw was this little ice sheet on the birdbath in the afternoon when I went out to top of the water to make sure the heater is covered.



I tried my hand at drawing another leaf from yesterday's Lesson 4 from the new drawing book. I'm not sure how successful this one is since I didn't have an example to follow but I think it's okay.


Then I fell back on my old friend 20 Ways to Draw a Jellyfish and picked out a sea turtle, a sponge, a seashell, and a shark. Shark! I like the way they all turned out but I think I like the sponge the best although the shark looks kind of happy and friendly.


Tonight I got to have supper with the birthday girl and her family. I was excited for her to open her gift as I found a pair of garnet earrings (her birthstone) in the estate case at a local jewelers. I don't have a picture because they got wrapped up right away in the store but they're a nice deep red and are kind of pear shaped. Pretty. I can't wait to see them on her. I also passed down my collection of Harry Potter books for her to dive into. She's already read the first two volumes so she needed the rest of them on hand for book emergencies.

For supper we had burgers on the grill with fried onions (at the birthday girl's request), roasted broccoli, and tater tots. For dessert the birthday girl made brownies instead of a cake that we had with a little scoop of ice cream. A delicious repast. I see her but can't fathom that she's 10 years old already. Double digits!

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

What a perfect gift for the ten-year-old birthday girl. I love finding something unique like that -- especially at an estate sale. You know there's a history there. She's got to love them and can add her history to them. Good job MeeMaw!!