Saturday, January 6, 2024

I Voted No But It Still Snowed

When I got up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom I thought, in my mostly asleep state, that it was brighter outside. But I thought at 3:15am that it couldn't be brighter. Oh yes, it could because it was snowing. We got a couple inches of wet, heavy snow and my lovely tenant shoveled my driveway for me. I offered to pay him but he declined. I went out and sprinkled a bit of ice melt salt over the top of the cleared driveway. I have another bag of salt, maybe two, so I can keep up with that part of the cleanup anyway. (BTW, I'm confident that LC voted yes. She loves snow and they call her a child of winter.)



The last leaf in Lesson 6 was a ginkgo and I've always been a fan so I tried my hand at it and didn't do too badly. And I just had to look up how to spell ginkgo because it isn't spelled the way I say it. I probably say it wrong but I'm too old to change.


Then I drew a Zentangle using the tangles from Day 4 (I'm going back to the beginning of the book because the later ones are too complicated for my feeble brain to comprehend) and I made a little adjustment which I like. It's best when part of the design is colored in black because then the figures pop.



This evening I added a few rows onto the Field of Dreams dishcloth. I'm on the decrease rows so it should speed up even though I'm a slow knitter. I like these colors although that don't match anything in my house. I don't know why I said that. The walls of my house are painted variations of oatmeal, the cupboards, carpets, and furniture are brown so these colors go with anything.


I took down my few Christmas decorations yesterday and today and carried them downstairs when I went down and up to do the last of the laundry and to just go down and up. I made a grocery list today and can't decide whether I want to have it delivered or want to go stagger through the grocery tomorrow. I think I'll have it delivered because of the snow and because there's a home Packer game tomorrow afternoon and I don't want to have to buck the traffic in the store or on the roads.

Three of the other six members of the critique group I joined have sent their pages so I spent quite a bit of today reading, commenting, rereading, and commenting more on their pages. I hope that the other three get their stuff in soon. It has to be critiqued by Wednesday at 10am which doesn't leave a lot of time. I sent mine in right away on Friday so I hope they're being kind but thorough.

And it's snowing again, lightly but still...

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Our next-door neighbor in Wilmington had a Ginkgo tree. When the place sold, the new owners cut it down. So sad. I managed to find and keep a small branch with leaves attached but don't know what became of it. The leaves are so pretty and you did a good job capturing one.