Monday, January 22, 2024

A Whole Lot Warmer

I got a surprise when I looked out late this morning. The birdbath glacier was starting to melt. I went out and topped it up and saw that the ice was receding. I don't know where all that water goes but I keep having to refill it every day.



And the snow wave started falling this afternoon. The sun came out and shone on the retaining wall blocks and things started to fall apart. Hey, it got up to 32 degrees this afternoon!


I tackled Lesson 14 this morning. It's supposed to be a magical forest but I think it looks weird. All the strange colors and the little dashes all over it all doesn't look right to me. Maybe I'm too literal and not artistic enough but I'm sorry that I put some of that on there, especially the dashes. But I'm a good girl and followed the directions.



In the Zentangles book, I paged to Day 10 and found these tangles that I'd done very poorly the first time. They turned out a little better on this attempt.


The flock of Sparrows swarmed around the feeders this afternoon and a couple of them spent time on the suet pellets feeder. There were three but just as I clicked the shutter one flew off.


I'm going to bed as soon as I post this because I need to be at St. Mary's at 6:15am for my next test. I've got my alarm set for 5:15am and I know it's going to be hard to haul myself out of bed but I figure I can take a nap during the day. I'm good at napping. Not as good as I was before getting all that blood 10 days ago but still I'm no slouch in the napping department. I just don't fall asleep as often.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

I'm thinking of you right now either driving to the hospital for your test or waiting to have it done. Glad it's a bit warmer since you have to be out so early.