Friday, December 1, 2023

So I Didn't Cook Today

I have three recipes left to cook for this bout of Investment Cooking and today just wasn't a cooking day. Instead I folded a basket of clean laundry (that I've been dressing out of for a couple weeks) and carried up the basket of clean laundry that I spent yesterday washing. Then I listened to my writing friend Lala's podcast interview on Wisconsin Writers' Association. It was good to hear her talk about her writing, her process, and what she's working on now. I'll cook tomorrow for sure and maybe save the last one for Sunday morning.


I turned back to an earlier page in the Zentangles book and drew these things. I'm not sure what they're supposed to be. Not plants, maybe beads or braided cords, I don't know but they were kind of fun to draw although I don't see using them for much. They're too complicated.



Tonight at Friday Night Knitting I worked on the One Skein Beanie. I'm a slow knitter so this few inches is all I added in three hours. I like the way it's turning out though.


I was hoping we'd have another 45 degrees and sunny day so maybe I could walk up the block a few driveways but it was 34 degrees and overcast so I contented myself with climbing up and down the basement stairs about six times. I know it's not the same but I get plenty out of breath on the climb up so I know I should keep doing it. Then last night I got a pair of LC's pants that needed the waistband taken in so that meant another trip down and up.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Six trips up and down the stairs has got to count for at least three driveways down your street. That's a lot of climbing!