Saturday, December 23, 2023

Whew

The last gift came today. It was scheduled to come tomorrow but I am so glad that it came early. Now I have time to wrap it and get it into the box with the rest of the presents to go across town on Christmas Day. Thank you, Amazon!



I was watching the flock of Sparrows clustered under the tube feeder this morning when I saw a flash of red and there on the suet pellets feeder was the Red-bellied Woodpecker. I took one shot and the flash went off but it didn't scare him away, thank heavens, so I had a second chance. And he's looking right at the camera.


The last Christmas cactus blossom is fully open now and the other three are fading fast. This season's crop of four separate flowers is the most I've ever had on this plant. *whispers* it's my only plant like this.



Today was not my day to draw. I tried drawing a Zentangle with the tangles from yesterday but it for sure didn't turn out well at all. Yuk. I'll try to improve tomorrow.


I hand-washed my compression socks this morning and got them hanging (and dripping) from the shower rod, then I came back here and read 53 pages of manuscript in the afternoon. Mostly I just took out more "just"s and tidied up the chapter numbers because I added in a couple chapters so the numbers are off. And I spent two hours watching "Love Actually" on Netflix because I wanted to.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Sounds like you're all set for Christmas. And Amazon helped you be Santa just in the nick of time. Yay!!