Sunday, December 24, 2023

Overboard

I wasn't thinking of Christmas candy until Friday Night Knitting when KW said she had her son take her to Seroogy's which is a local candy maker store. It's been on my mind ever since so I checked to make sure they were open today, checked what time the football game was on, and went over there. The place was nearly deserted so I had free rein. I kind of went overboard but I'm sure that it'll all disappear in time. I bagged up some of it to take along tomorrow and I'll make DD take some of it away and we'll eat some while she's here. Like I said, it'll go away.



Yesterday I put out a couple sticks of butter and this morning I mixed up a double batch of Toffee Chip Shortbread Cookies. I over-baked the first log of dough so there are no pictures. I'll make those go away and do better baking the second log of dough.


I'm amazed at how camouflaged Sparrows are when they're on the ground under the tube feeder. They just these little brown blobs that blend into the lawn, fallen seeds, and blown leaves.



Then one of them decides to have a taste of suet cakes so he's visible. I'd rather see a woodpecker but any bird will do.


Drawing went a little better today. First I opened 20 Ways to Draw a Tree from the back and drew the last five figures. I like the root vegetable (I think it's a leek), the peeled orange is kind of okay, the butterfly looks more like some kind of fly, I like the thistle, and I'm a big fan of the dandelion puff and seed.



Later on I pulled out the Zentangle book and decided to go to the next page instead of trying my hand at yesterday's tangles again. I like these better.


--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! You can never have too much candy -- especially at Christmastime. All dietary rules are off this time of year.