Saturday, December 16, 2023

Drizzly Day

What a dreary day. The street was damp when I opened the shades this morning and it didn't lighten up all through the day, in fact, later in the afternoon there were raindrop rings in the birdbath and now the streets are shiny with rain. Dreary, but I'd rather this than snow.



The Chickadees kept darting into the platform feeder all afternoon. They don't stay long enough to get a decent picture but I like to see their cheerful selves.


A Sparrow and a House Finch sat side by side on the birdbath to get drinks. For a very short time a male House Finch came and lent his raspberry colored breast to the view but he was gone before I got the camera up.



My drawing of the day is from 20 Ways to Draw a Butterfly or Things with Wings. I guess the Cardinal in the middle is the best one of the bunch.


And the Zentangle is pretty darned interesting today. I even managed to draw the round, stemmed poke roots on the side there and they don't look half bad.



In the afternoon I hauled up the bin of wrapping paper and got the gifts I have on hand wrapped. One was supposed to be delivered today but it's delayed for a couple days. Feels like it's cutting it close.


Tonight I finished the One Skein Beanie. I followed the pattern exactly and it's a little big but I'll make a note to go down a needle size the next time I make the pattern. It'll fit somebody.


--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

The beanie looks perfect for someone with very thick hair. I'm sure you'll find a spot for it.