Wednesday, December 6, 2023

All I Did Today

Was read a book on my Kindle/phone. I got caught up in a story and just sat at the table and read. It didn't hurt that the furnace tuneup guy was here for a few hours so I really couldn't go anywhere, not that I had anyplace to go, but it was a good excuse to just sit and read.


I did do a little drawing and really like the cone-things on stems. Mine are spaced apart more than the ones in the example but I like 'em.


I didn't see one bird today. Not one. No Starlings taking a bath, no Sparrows fluttering around, no Woodpeckers on the suet. Nada.



You know that batch of chicken chili I made in the slow cooker last week? I don't like it. It's too salty and too spicy and I just don't like it. Dammit. I had planned it for a week's worth of suppers but I've had it twice and I just can't face more meals of it. I thought about stirring in some plain yogurt to cut the spiciness but there's some flavor in there that I don't like. I'm tossing it.


--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Damnit all!! All that work and ingredients and then you just don't like it. I've had to toss a lot of stuff but it's crazy to force yourself to eat something that doesn't taste good. Just throw it into the garbage and never think about it again. And eat some ice cream or something!