Thursday, December 7, 2023

You Know You're Getting Old

When the excitement of the day is getting a package of fancy compression socks from that big online retailer. I was impressed with myself when I ordered them because they're about the most sedate selection that was available, other than plain. I'll mix them up so they don't match. Of course.



I got a haircut today. She cuts it and fluffs it and comments on the curl that I have on the sides and by the time I get home it has slumped down and gone flat. *sigh* My hair is so fine it just doesn't hold a style. Still not too much gray though.


I flipped open 20 Ways to Draw a Tree and drew a beetle, an owl, a feather, a daisy, and a winter tree. I like the beetle the best. The owl needs a fatter tummy.


I thought about going out and filling the birdfeeders this afternoon but I just didn't have the energy. Maybe I'll manage it tomorrow.

This morning I put that container of chicken chili down the garbage disposal and I didn't even feel bad about it.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Those socks look like they'll be fun to mix and match. And I hope they help your legs. That fine, straight hair must run in half our family. Mine is the same way. Your mother got the best of that gene.