Thursday, December 28, 2023

More

I had a lot of company today, big and small. The small stayed the longest and made the most noise. Naturally.



It was 38 and rainy today and the birds were very active. At one point there were 21 Mourning Doves lined up on top of the fence. The Nuthatch made a visit to the tube feeder and found a half-peanut that it flew off with. Then there were the Sparrows. They made a flutter around the tube feeder and also the birdbath.


DD and I sat at the kitchen table knitting on our respective socks while the small people played in the living room. I have one more inch of foot to be knitted before starting the toe decreases.



In the afternoon I sat down and redrew the second Zentangle. It turned out just right, I think.


Oh, I almost forgot. LC and OJ got a really fun game from Santa. It's called Buildzi and you get a card with a tower construction on it and you have to build the tower using blocks from the pile in the center. It takes real balancing skill and is a challenge. DD, LC, and I played for at least an hour this morning and had a blast.


--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

What a nice day you had with the kids -- grown-up and littles. Good day to stay indoors.