Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Alright Fine

No birds? I give you the daily squirrel. This chubby gray squirrel comes a few times a day for a drink. It turns around and gazes at the feeders, looks like it's poised to leap, and then hops down to the grass and scampers off.



The Christmas Cactus is going great guns. Here's the open flower. I think it looks like a little firework with its bright pink petals and white stamens (sepals?) shooting out the top.


Then on the other side of the plant these two buds are contemplating opening. I'm cheering them on.



Today's zentangle is a combination of the day's tangles and others from  previous days. This one in the book had a lot of those round, stemmed poke roots in it and I have the devil of a time drawing those so I went off book and added ones that I can draw.


There was nothing on TV that I wanted to watch tonight so I turned the Summer in Monaco Campfire sock heel using Magic Loop, then I spent some time trying to envision picking up the gusset stitches and knitting around still on Magic Loop, and I just couldn't see it. Maybe one day I'll find someone who can lead me through it but today isn't the day. I hauled out the US3 DPNs and picked up and knitted the gusset stitches on them. I'll switch back to Magic Loop when I get to the foot--again. Maybe there's a YouTube video I can watch?


I spent the rest of the day working on The Seaview 2 manuscript. I got through reading it and realized that I'd inserted a few scenes in one version of it that weren't in the version that I'd been reading. Dang. So I scrolled through the other three versions and found where I'd put the scenes and copied and pasted them into number four which is, I think, the version I'm happiest with. We'll see how it fares in the online critique group staring in January.

DS had a few minutes to chat today so I got to spend a little time talking to him. I love it when he calls just to chat.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

That Christmas Cactus blossom does indeed look like a miniature fireworks display. Hope the other two "explode" as well!