Friday, December 8, 2023

And Now I Wait

It was so warm today (it got up to 54 degrees after lunch) that I could go outside without a coat to fill the birdfeeders. I got the ones nearest the house filled and then I waited. And waited. But no birds came. Yet. Maybe a Chickadee will swing by to check on things and spread the word.



Here's the Zentangle that I drew today. It's the tangles taught in the first lesson but it caught my fancy so I buckled down and drew it. I like it.


I made the executive decision that I'm not putting up the Christmas tree this year because there is no way I could get it and the bin of ornaments up and down the basement stairs but I wanted some kind of decoration. So I went down and found this lighted present porch decoration and put it on the table where I usually put the tree. It's bright and cheerful. Good enough.



Tonight at Friday Night Knitting I made it to the heel flap of the Summer in Monaco Campfire sock. I'm determined to figure out how to keep going on the heel using the Magic Loop needle but I'll switch back to DPNs if I get confused or frustrated.


It's supposed to rain tomorrow. I'm not a fan. Although rain might be better than snow.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Like that substitute Christmas decoration. We do have a small tree that I'm decorating with nothing but little red bows. All our old decorations went in the hurricane. This one is the best I can do and it's pretty cute.