Sunday, April 30, 2023

And Done

I finished Investment Cooking today, not without a hiccup though. I was making BBQ-glazed Mini Turkey Meatloaves and when I dumped the two pounds of ground turkey into the bowl one smelled a little off so I wasn't sure I wanted to use it. Then I cracked a rotten egg into the bowl. That did it. The whole mess went into the trash and I went to the grocery for more ground turkey and a new dozen eggs. I haven't had an egg go bad in ages but that one was seriously rotten. Ugh. So I washed the bowl and my hands and anything else I thought might have come in contact with the bad stuff and started over. It's a pretty quick and easy recipe. I mean, how hard is it to make meatloaf and portion it out into big muffin tins? I already had the rice made and portioned so baking the meatloaf pucks was the easy part. So now I have 61 suppers in the freezer. Hooray!



While the meatloaves baked I pulled out my new Things With Wings book and drew a few ladybugs. I was in a pretty good mood so I colored them too.


I spent some time staring at the list of my ad campaigns wondering how to know which ones are attracting impressions. (still no clicks) While scrolling and poking around on the ad dashboard I found a button that said Export so I pushed it. It makes an Excel spreadsheet listing each ad campaign and how many impressions it has garnered. Whoopee! This tells me that the 7th ad I made which is a category ad for The Seaview has been up most frequently. The Amazon algorithm likes that one. Last night late I printed off a list of book titles to use as keywords but neglected to write down what I'd put in as a search term to get the list. Arrgh. Back to the drawing board tomorrow to try to find that particular list again.



After supper and after the meatloaves were cooled, packaged, and in the freezer, I sat down to watch Call the Midwife and knitted a few more rounds on the Hayden Hawthorne Sock. It's a pretty simple slip stitch pattern so I can fairly easily watch TV and knit it. I've got a knitting date on Thursday so the sock will be good to knit on then too.


It was a chilly, drizzly day today, gray and dreary. No fun to have to go out in the drizz twice to get things I need for cooking but I was happy to see the Cardinal come into the fallen seed looking for something to eat. It's always nice to see one of those pretty red birds.


And that was it for me today. I realized yesterday that I'm going to The Clearing a week from today, not two weeks like I was thinking, so I've got to watch the long range weather reports and see if I can't strike a happy medium in packing for cool or warm, wet or dry for a week. All I have to do is gather up my art supplies but packing clothing promises to be a challenge.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

I hope you have perfect weather at The Clearing. It's the Merry Month of May so there should be sunshine every day.