Saturday, April 29, 2023

What's Normal?

I was going to call this blog post "Not My Normal Day" but then it occurred to me to question what's my normal day? Is it days when I drive myself crazy making Amazon ads? Or is it days when I'm cooking up a storm? No, a normal day is having the leisure to draw for an hour if I want to, then pull out the paints to see if I can't keep from embarrassing myself on watercolor paper. Today was not a normal day. Today was the last indoor Market on Military. There wasn't really a good crowd but it was a chilly, rainy day which I'm sure kept people away. I did manage to sell three books--2 The Seaview and 1 Horizon--so in that regard it was a banner day. It was a little bittersweet to pack up my chair and all of the copies of the books and bookmarks, book stands, and my various "I accept this mode of payment" notices. I was very glad that I'd packed my little collapsible wagon so that I could load it all up in one trip and easily pull it out to the car. (I just counted my notes and I sold 28 books over the 8 markets. That's amazing!) We're definitely doing it again next fall.



My assistants and I did a little drawing this afternoon. He drew monsters, she drew fish, and I drew bleeding hearts flowers. Unfortunately it was too crummy out to go to a park so they romped and rowdy-ed around in the house. We did make a short trip to the birdseed store because I'm out of seed and they're not open tomorrow. It gave me a chance to show off my grandchildren to the store clerk who always remembers them as tiny people too.


We were all glad to see the Goldfinch that landed on the crook, but then they love seeing a rabbit or a Sparrow or a Mourning Dove although OJ objected that it wasn't morning when that bird was here. I had to explain that people think that the coo of a Mourning Dove sounds sad and that's how it got its name.


I was going to sit and knit after supper but my eyes felt too tired. I came back here meaning to make a few ads and ended up just doing some keyword and category research. Didn't make any ads. Maybe tomorrow. I checked and some of the category ads I made four days ago still aren't producing any data so I'm reluctant to pile more ads on just yet.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

You did well at the market! Congrats on your total sales too. I was holding the good thought for you so it worked!!