Sunday, April 16, 2023

I'm Back!

I missed you but I had a wonderful weekend. We had lots of writing time and I managed to construct four more scenes for the manuscript and I resurrected a one page description of a dive that I might try to add to the manuscript. Each scene is about 3 pages so I'm happy with what I did. Now I just have to figure out where the story goes from here. I still don't know what happens in the end.



Yesterday the weather was still fine so I took a little walk down to the Schoolhouse. They're installing a new flagstone entrance to the building so I couldn't walk from there down to the edge of the bay but I stopped along the way to take a picture of the view.


Once I had the fourth scene written I needed a break and our leader, SND, brought blank cards, bookmarks, markers, and pens for drawing so I paged through a Zentangle book (advanced doodling) and drew my own interpretation of a butterfly, which I think looks more like a bee but I like it.



When I was walking down the stairs from the Lodge the other day I noticed that there were buds on the woody plants at the bottom of the steps. I don't know what kind of plant it is but I was very happy to see that little bud of green at the tip.


I'll be going back up to The Clearing in three weeks for a watercolor class and I bet that this path will look very different in that short time. Already there were peeks of green in protected places and little sprouts here and there. I don't think that many wildflowers will be out when I'm there but I can hope for a few trillium and maybe a ladyslipper or two.


It was a very foggy drive home today and it started to spit rain when I was about 20 miles from home. I was glad to get here and get everything inside and unpacked. Naturally the carton of 10 copies of The Seaview that was supposed to come today came early on Friday. Luckily my tenant could put it in the garage for me. Don't want the porch pirates to pay a visit!

The unhappy news is that while it was in the 80s during the last half of the week, today it's barely 50 and it's rainy, and they're talking about snow tomorrow. Yep, snow and 30s tomorrow then mid-50s on Tuesday. Crazy.

--Barbara

2 comments:

Aunt Barb said...

Your retreat sounds like a productive and successful one. That shot of the walk down towards the water is beautiful. No wonder you love going up there so much. It always looks and sounds wonderful.

Aunt Barb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.