Saturday, April 1, 2023

And This Morning

We had crazy wind. When I opened the shade this morning it was snowing sideways. Not big flakes, little pellet-y flakes but blown sideways by the strong wind. Naturally the wind was
coming from the north so that whenever anyone came into the Market this morning the wind came in too. It was like having a farmers market in a cold storage facility. I was sorry that I didn't wear my longies and glad that I had a pair of fingerless mitts. The cold and wind kept most of the customers away. Even them having an Easter egg hunt for the kids didn't ramp up the attendance. I sold 2 books which I am happy with considering the low turnout today.



When I was making my lunch after the Market I looked out the window and sat that a Red-bellied Woodpecker was on the suet pellets. I crept over to the table, picked up the camera not making any sudden moves, and snapped a picture. As soon as I did, it flew away. I could see it in a tree in the neighbor's backyard but it didn't come back.


Then a Downy Woodpecker landed on the round feeder. It rode on the perch as the feeder rotated in the wind but I managed to get a picture when the thing turned my way. I was afraid that the Sparrow would scare it away but fortunately it didn't.



I was nervous about painting today's Daily Practice. It's a Hummingbird sipping nectar from some tubular flowers. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out.


For drawing practice I turned to the next page in Draw 500 Flowers for another cactus adventure. This time I drew them in ink and then colored them with colored pencils. I especially like the lower, barrel cactus.



Tonight I knitted on the Marl Mitten while watching TV and got through the thumb gusset. Next I put the thumb stitches on a holder, cast on a few stitches over the gap, and knit the hand for 4" before decreasing the top. Then comes the thumb and I'll have a pair of mittens to wear in this never-ending winter. I like the mittens, hate the weather.


I fell off the WW wagon at the Market today. I bought 2 peanut butter cookies and I ate them. I'm a fool for peanut butter cookies. I climbed right back on track, though, and will do better tomorrow. I'm so glad that I made that WW cheesecake the other day. Having that rich-tasting dessert to pig out on for only 1 point a serving is helping me stay the course. I might have to keep making it for a while.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Interesting that cheesecake can help you stay on your diet. But glad you have it there in reserve. Sounded like a peculiar day at the Market but still a profitable one for you.