Monday, April 24, 2023

Not Much

I didn't feel very inspired today. First thing I got the first recipe of this bout of Investment Cooking into the slow cooker. It was Chicken, Mushroom, Brown Rice Casserole and it's pretty simple to throw together (except for pulling the skin off the chicken drumsticks, that's a bit of a pain) and then let it cook for 7 hours. I let it cool down in the pot and then portioned it and got it into the freezer.



Once the food was cooking I got dressed and went down to Zambaldi Beer to see what DS was brewing. He was making a sour fruit beer like one that was very popular last summer. The brewery smelled like roasted grain and it was very humid in there but since it was about 40 degrees this morning it wasn't too hot in there.


Then I went to the grocery for more brown rice and another onion because I mistook 1# bags of rice for 2# bags and knew I didn't have enough, and the onion that I had on hand turned out to be rotten when I cut into it so I was one onion short. *sigh* Sure, I don't mind going to the grocery two days in a row.


I picked up OJ after school and we went on his birthday shop. We went to the Schoolhouse where there were things that he remembered seeing on a previous trip and to Target which no longer had what he remembered but he did manage to find a couple things. We came back here to do homework and play with his new toys, then it was off to Pizza Ranch again for supper and a couple games in the arcade. I got him home by about 6:30 where he couldn't wait to show off his booty. We had fun.


We did spend a few minutes drawing while we were here. I got a new drawing book in the mail so I wanted to try it out. I drew a couple flying fish and then OJ said to put in a monster so I drew a monster head with big teeth swimming out from behind some seaweed. I'm not as creative as he is but he tolerates my efforts.


Man, the Amazon Ads lesson/video today really took the wind out of my sails. He said to download some software in Chrome and then use it to mine keywords from Amazon listings and copy them to an Excel spreadsheet. I don't know if I want to download random software which means I'll have to download Chrome and then I'm not very familiar with Excel. That said I'm almost to 550 impressions. Still no clicks or sales. I feel like it's taking too long but I know that he said it takes 1-3 months to know if your ads are effective. Patience, Barbara.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Sounds like a busy and fun day with OJ even if you weren't inspired. Nice to have some solo time with the little guy -- well, not so little any more.