Thursday, April 27, 2023

What Did I Make Today?

Today I made two recipes. First thing I got the Chicken Tikka Masala into the slow cooker and let it simmer away most of the day. It's one of the recipes that makes 8 servings so I have to make sure that I have enough rice made and the right shape containers ready.



Then after lunch I whipped up a skillet of One Pot Mexican Beef & Rice. It has corn, black beans, and Rotel tomatoes with green chilies in it. I sprinkle a little low-fat cheddar on it when I reheat it. Yum.


While the food was simmering I pulled out my Things With Wings new drawing book and drew a few angels. I'm not a big fan of angels but they looked like fun to draw and they were. Tomorrow I promise to draw something different but I suspect it'll either be a flower or something else with wings. I'm kind of stuck on drawing with ink pens right now.



I took a little time to cruise around the backyard looking at what's coming up. The Bleeding Hearts are finally tall enough to stick out of the stubble from last year so that they show up in the picture.


And this little disk of sunshine is the first dandelion of the season in the yard. Not the last I am sure because I don't put any weed killer on the lawn. I'm certain that the neighbors are thrilled at the bumper crop of dandelions I usually have but I can't bring myself to kill the dandelions and therefore kill the bees.



The most exciting thing I found in the yard was that the lilac has buds. Little cones of flower buds are on just about every branch. Pretty soon I'll have to cut some to bring into the house. They smell so good. It just occurred to me that this is the same lilac bush that was in the backyard of the first house we moved into in Green Bay in 1962 which means that this bush is over 60 years old!


The forsythia is still blooming. I'm amazed that it's still full of flowers after almost two weeks of blooming.


I got to pick up LC and OJ from their afterschool spot and spend some time with them tonight. DS and DIL1 had some school booster event so I got to Meemaw for a while. I don't remember my kids having as much energy as those two have but I'm sure that they did

My number of ad impressions is slowly increasing but I still don't have any clicks or sales, although I sold a book yesterday and it didn't register on the ad dashboard so maybe. No clicks means that I haven't spent any money yet but then I haven't made any money either. Oh well, he kept saying that it was a long game so I'm waiting.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

I'm glad you don't use weed killer on your yard and let the dandelions bloom. They look like a little ball of sunshine -- and even Summertime. It's bound to come if Springtime is so close.