Sunday, April 23, 2023

Quiet Sunday

My big activity of the day was picking up my granddog, Porter, from the kennel where she spent the weekend while DS and family were busy. If you pick up the dog before a certain time you don't get charged for an extra day. I'm glad to be able to step in when needed.


I spent a lot of time throughout the day watching recordings of the Q&A sessions from this week's Amazon Ad Challenge. I was hoping to pick up answers to questions that I had but everything he spoke about were things that I already knew. Ah well.


After dropping Porter off, I went to the grocery and did the shopping for the next bout of Investment Cooking which will start tomorrow. I know that I won't get the cooking done before Tuesday night to take out the trash but it isn't reliably warm enough to have the trash stink up the garage just yet. I spent $141 which I figure isn't too much considering that I'll be making 6-8 weeks of suppers.



I realized this morning that I'd tucked the book 365 Days of Drawing on a shelf and stopped doing a page a day. Bad Barbara. So I pulled it out and flipped to the next page where I was asked to draw an iris with colored pencils. My colored pencils aren't as richly colored as the ones they used for the example but I don't think it turned out too badly.


Then on the next page of Draw 500 Fabulous Flowers I found this lovely arch of what looks to me like Bleeding Hearts. I know it's not as colorful but I'm really enjoying drawing these flowers with just an ink pen.



Late in the afternoon I looked out to see a male Cardinal sharing the platform feeder with a pair of House Finches. Just as I got the camera up and on to record the oddity, the Cardinal flew off. I guess he wasn't willing for anyone to see him sharing his seed.


I didn't paint today. I just didn't find the time or the energy. I did take a walk around the block and nearly froze my fingers off. It got up to the mid-40s with a sharp little breeze, not very springy. Oh, I should have carried up the slow cooker this afternoon. Well, I can do it in the morning, I guess.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Are Porter's eyes really that blue?? Amazing. I never think about dogs eyes maybe being a different color. But he is, after all, a special dog. Can't wait to see what you're cooking this time.