Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Spring is Springing Out

I saw bright yellow when I went out for the mail this morning. Look at the daffodils! They're starting to open. The mini ones on the rental side are open already and I'll bet my full-size ones will be open tomorrow.



More hyacinths are starting to bloom too. There aren't any big, full flowers but small stalks with a few florets on them. Pretty.


And the Cardinal visited the platform feeder today. I can't tell if this is the same bird every day or a rotation of them. The little female was here too but she flew away before I could take her picture.



Okay, this has got to be the worst painting of fruit ever. That green thing in the middle is supposed to be a pear. It looks like a bright green some kind of squash and I don't know what those brownish blobs are supposed to be. Plums, maybe? Oh, and the white arching thing in the back is supposed to be a banana. It's actually a very pale yellow. I ran out of yellow paint and didn't want to squeeze out more. Not my best day with paints and a brush.


One of the squirrels made its way up to the suet pellets feeder and hung there nibbling away for a while. Every once in a while it would stretch its head out to look around and that's when I took the picture. Otherwise it looked headless and weird.


I spent most of the afternoon rereading the manuscript that I assembled last week, finding places to change the pronouns, and arranging scenes so they made more sense. And I printed off one of my conflict scene to take to The Clearing this weekend for my short writing retreat. JZ said that it was a retreat for short people and I should only use lower case letters. Funny man.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

That squirrel would get a ten from the gymnastics judges. Quite a feat to hang there like that and I'm glad you waited to get his head in the shot. Love the spring flowers. They are always the most welcome sight. Hallelujah!!