Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Cooking Up... Art

I got tangled up in cooking today and didn't manage to get one bird picture. I tried a couple times but as soon as I'd get the camera up and ready the birds would fly off. So there's no picture of three Brown-headed Cowbird males with one lonely female. *sigh*

The coolest thing that happened today was when I went up to get my right blinker light bulb replaced. I showed them the two of my novels that they hadn't seen and it just so happened that the cost of the light bulb was the same as the cost of one copy of each of Horizon and Better Than Mom's so we swapped. I got my car light fixed and they got books to share. (The mechanic is a woman and she and the owner's wife share books.)


The first recipe I cooked today was Hoisin-glazed Chicken Breasts. When I was weighing out the breasts I realized that I'd mistaken a bag of boneless chicken THIGHS for breasts in the freezer so I was a pound of meat short for my next recipe. I contemplated just using the thighs in place of the breasts but decided that was a bad idea. A quick trip to the market solved the problem.

 


While the Hoisin-glazed Breasts were simmering I pulled out the new things with wings book and paged to the flying pigs and gave those a try. They didn't turn out too badly, if I do say so myself.


Next on the cooking agenda was Chicken Breasts Pierre, which use the same flavors as Mom's Sloppy Joe recipe so it's one of my favorites with Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and brown sugar. Yum!

 


And while those chicken breasts were simmering I got out my paints and tried my hand at painting Bougainvillea. I like it. They don't look too much like the flowers but the colors are right so I'm taking that as a win.

 

Today was the last day of the 5-Day Author Ad Profit Challenge. Yesterday and today's videos were all about calculating your profits and other profit-y stuff. Since I don't have any clicks or sales yet, although I did sell a book today but it didn't show up on my Ad Dashboard, I have no numbers to figure with. All through this challenge he has been saying that it takes a few months for the ads to be effective so 5 days is too soon to expect results. I'm being patient, really I am. Just because I'm back here every couple hours to check to see how many impressions I have doesn't mean I'm anxious about it. Really. Okay, I just went over there to find that I have 715 impressions, still no clicks or sales. Ah well. It'll happen.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Sounds like your ads are getting noticed at least. Remember -- patience is a virtue and you can never have too much of that!