Monday, April 10, 2023

Fresh Air!

It got up to 72 degrees this afternoon so I opened the patio door and let in real, fresh air for only the second time this year. It was lovely and really smelled great. There was a pair of Robins chasing each other around in the backyard and I managed to snap a photo of one of them. For a big bird Robins are kind of zippy.



I spent some time both this morning and this afternoon trying to write some conflict-ful scenes for The Seaview 2. I'm really not very good at conflict so it's a struggle but I'm trying. In one scene I took PP's advice and made Janet's laptop get wet when the window broke (cringe) and in another scene I had something crash into the building in the middle of the night during the hurricane that turned out to be a fishing boat lodged on the front porch. That's kind of conflict-y, right?


Today's Daily Practice painting is a couple teapots and a couple mugs. If I'd known that they were all we were painting I'd have made them bigger but I like them. This painting teacher/artist uses a lot of white paint. The painting teacher/artist whose class I'm taking in May abhors white, black, and gray paint. I feel like I'm caught in the middle.



I wasn't in the mood to draw much today. Heck, I wasn't in the mood to do much of anything today. But I did open Draw 500 Fabulous Flowers to find a page of what I think are dandelion puffs. That's what I'm calling them anyway.


Oh, I remember what else I wanted to show you. The tiny little white flowers that are called squills are starting to bloom in front of the house. They're so tiny it's hard to take a halfway decent picture of them but I keep trying. I just love their little white bell shapes with the faint blue stripes.

 


Then the daffodils are just about ready to pop open. Just a few more days and I'll have yellow flowers. Watch, they'll bloom when I'm up at The Clearing later this week for a short writers' retreat. That's okay, they last a long time and I don't think rabbits eat daffodils, they eat crocuses and tulips instead.

 

Every night I add a couple rounds of knitting to the Rainbow Brioche Beanie. It's slow going because two rounds really equals one round of regular knitting so slow knitter me is going at half speed. It's kind of demoralizing but I'll keep at it.

 

I went to the grocery this afternoon right after lunch and hit the deli at just the right time. I ordered four different meats and five cheeses for next weekend's lunches and snacks and there was no one else waiting so neither I nor the deli lady felt like we had to hurry. It was kind of luxurious and she was a nice lady. I also saw a knitting pal that I haven't seen in years so I got to visit with her for a few minutes. That was great.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

So nice to be able to open up the house a bit after such a long winter. That's one thing I miss down here -- that welcome spring breeze drifting in. And daffodils!! Spring is closer than you think!