Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Not Today

No more 50 degrees and sunshine, oh no, today we had overcast and 37 degrees as a high. And right now we're having a little thunderstorm with lightning and rain. Ah, springtime in Wisconsin!


I finally managed to catch a Robin at the birdbath this morning and snapped a picture before it flew off in search of worms.



The Daily Practice today was painting fruit from our imaginations in acrylic gouache. I confess that I copied what she painted. Well, not exactly but I painted the same fruits that she did in my own inimitable fashion. For instance, I did not give the clementine one blue and one pink leaf. Nope, green leaves for me.


But first I went over to the polling place and cast my ballot. The race for the seat on the state Supreme Court was the big one, followed by the Green Bay mayor. Plus there were School Board members to be voted on and a trio of referenda to consider. I was there at 11am and I was number 227. Not too bad and there was a steady stream of people coming in while I was there. Not a line but encouraging. Maybe people are finally realizing how important it is to vote. I'm going to end this rant before it really gets started. 'Nuff said.



The next figure in 10 Steps: Animals was a Lemur. I don't think that I got it's head and muzzle right but I like the tail. And, of course, the feet are a disappointment. I can draw human feet but not bird or animal feet.


My cleaning lady, MB, came today. She's one of my biggest fans. She was so excited to buy a copy of Better Than Mom's and she has lots of opinions about my struggle with The Seaview 2. I told her that I have trouble being mean to my characters by giving them conflict and she said that she didn't think I had to put in much because conflict means different things to different people. Nice to hear but I know that I have to double down on the stumbling blocks that I throw at Rose. Being too nice just doesn't attract readers.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Good for you for voting. If only more sensible people would do that. Watched the latest Trump "show" yesterday afternoon. Such a sad state of affairs that he was once our President.