Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Squirrel Antics

It was a gorgeous day.  Sunny and up to 45 degrees.  In Wisconsin!  In February!  It was warm enough that I could scrape the glacier off the bottom of the driveway and a lot of the street snow/ice melted away.  The squirrel was having a great day.

First it visited the cob corn and sat on the crook nibbling kernel after kernel...



... it spent a long time lying on top of the fence basking in the unfamiliar sunshine, loading up on Vitamin D...


 

 

... and finally it perched on top of the crook and ate peanut after peanut from the wreath.  There was only the one squirrel today so it didn't have to drive off any others looking to nab peanuts.  A Bluejay came twice for a peanut but didn't stay long enough for a picture.



The last recipe of this bout of Investment Cooking was Chicken Tikka Masala.  It gets finished with a dab of plain yogurt but I left it out because I don't think yogurt freezes and thaws very well.  I'll stir in a little when it's heated up right before I eat it.  These containers were in the box from Amazon but weren't the ones I was waiting for.


This is the one I wanted three days ago.  This one would have been perfect for Chicken Cacciatore or Salisbury Steak, or Hoisin-glazed Chicken.  I'll be using them in six weeks when it's time to Investment Cook again.  Because I have fifty of them.  (it's the only quantity available)


 


We had social Guild knitting this evening and I got lots of sock foot knitted.  I need to get to seven inches of foot before starting the toe decreases


Today's toss was a handful of old, outdated herbs and spices and a couple empty spice jars that I don't know why I had them.  Durwood was great at saving things like that "just in case."

Aw man, I forgot to do today's prompt.  I'll do two tomorrow.  Cross my heart.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

That squirrel really put on a show for you yesterday. He may have been a solo act, but he gave you (and us) a lot of poses. That one container you showed looks like the take-out ones from the club. I should start saving those. Perm yesterday. I'm a new woman!