Thursday, February 25, 2021

A Sock

I finished the Limes sock this evening.  I'm always glad when I remember how to do the Kitchener stitch to close the toe without having to look it up again (knit off purl on, purl off knit on--that's the mantra I chant to do the job).  Being able to create a sock with its complex architecture is very satisfying, and it doesn't take too long.



Then I added a few green rounds to the Greenie Beanie but I'm saving it for Friday Night Knitting tomorrow so I have something I don't need to think about to knit for that three hours.


This squirrel nabbed the last peanut this morning.  It was sunny today and warmish, in the 30s.  I should have taken a walk.



Three pairs of House Finches came to the platform feeder today.  I tried to snap a picture of all six of them but two flew off just as I raised the camera.  I can tell they're thinking of spring and nesting because the pink of the males is more vivid and they're sticking close to their female companion.  And there's a lot more birdsong outside these days.


Aunt B sent me a book--The boy, the mole,the fox, and the horse.  It's a sweet little story with lovely watercolor illustrations.  I read it as soon as I got it out of the package and will read it over and over.  Thanks, Aunt B!

 


Sunset tonight was a nice glow on the horizon.  There were no clouds to splash color across the sky just the pastel light.


Today's toss was a painted bowl and a glass tray that was hiding on my closet shelf.

The prompt today said to write a letter to someone who hurt your feelings.  I was stumped because no one has hurt my feelings, so I made something up.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I knew you would love that book. The illustrations are special but the sweet messages are definitely worth reading over and over again. I agree the complexity of that sock is notable. Never really thought about it but it's true. Love the squirrel today -- and the mating birds. Glad you got up into the 30's. Better than freezing.