Saturday, February 27, 2021

Sprouts!

 I took the bath mat out the front door to shake it out, looked down, and saw little green shoots coming through the mulch.  Green!  This is on the south side of the house and next to the brick facade so there's a little micro-climate which grows things early.  It helps that we've had temps in the 40s during the daytime this week too.  It gets down to freezing at night but it's nice in the daytime.



A pair of Starlings came to the birdbath this morning...


...and then a Cardinal landed on the platform feeder for a few seeds.  He tolerated the House Finches for a minute and then ran them off.


This afternoon I went over to DS's house to see him, LC, and OJ (DIL1 was at work).  We talked about school and Girl Scouts and Legos.  OJ is learning to read and writing little phrases.  I almost got to bring some home with me but he decided he wanted to keep them.  Pretty soon I'll get my second vaccine shot and will be able to hug them.  I can't wait.

Also this afternoon I gathered up all the tax papers and got them in order.  I get a worksheet from my tax preparer so all I have to do is fill in the blanks and find the info and forms she'll need to get the job done.  Now I can call on Monday and get her to email me the contact form so I can print it off, fill it out, and drop it all off.



I finished the Greenie Beanie this evening.  For a while there I thought I might not have enough yarn but I made it with a bit to spare.  Not enough to do anything with of course, but too much to throw away.  I'll wind it into a little ball and stick it in the bag with the other little leftover balls of yarn.


Today's toss was two too big shirts.  It makes me feel good to put on a shirt and have it be baggy but I'm also running out of shirts.  Well, not really, I have plenty of shirts that fit since I ordered some awhile back but my closet looks kind of empty lately.

The prompt today asked you to describe your perfect death.  Really.  Prompts like that tempt me to stop using the book.  I said I want to die in my sleep in my 90s.  Who thinks of that stuff?

--Barbara

2 comments:

Aunt B said...

I love your little micro-climate that gives you a preview of Spring. Those green sprouts would be like finding treasure underground. But that weird prompt!!! Who wants to even think about death? And a "perfect" one??? I'm with you. Who thinks of that stuff? I'd rather think about Spring.

Aunt B said...

P.S. Or think about hugging OJ and Lucy! Soooo glad you got to at least see those sweet little faces.