Friday, February 19, 2021

It Sparkles

I'm disappointed that the sparkles don't show up in this picture but I promise that there's a mylar thread in this yarn.  Cross my heart.  It sparkles.  I was going to knit on my sock at Friday Night Knitting but about mid-afternoon I realized that wasn't such a great idea.  I could knit on it last night at Guild because everyone was concentrating to learn a new technique and wasn't talking.  I knew there'd be lots of talking tonight so I cast on a toe cap cast sock which is simple ribbing.  That I can manage to do while talking, listening, and laughing.

 


The recipe today was Chicken Breasts Pierre.  You flour and brown chicken breasts, then take them out of the pan.  Then you make the sauce with stewed tomatoes, water, brown sugar, Worcestershire, vinegar, celery seed, and ground mustard, oh, and a little hot sauce.  Once it boils, you put the chicken back in, turn it down, and simmer until the meat is cooked through.  That tomato-Worcestershire-mustard combo is the essence of Mom's Sloppy Joe recipe, which is my favorite, so I'm a big fan of this recipe.  A third of a cup of brown rice in each container and I've got six more suppers in the freezer this week.  That makes twenty-four suppers in the freezer, eighteen more to go, well, it'll be twenty more because one recipe serves eight.


This House Finch came all by himself to peck through the seeds in the platform feeder.  He stayed on the edge the whole time and was just about to fly away when I caught him.  Not much sunshine today but it isn't so cold. It got up into the twenties.


Today's toss was a small Dutch oven that's too small for any of my recipes.  I could never figure out what would fit in there.  A can of soup?  I'd start in that pan and end up moving the food to a bigger one and then have double the dishes to wash.

The prompt today was to write a brutally honest personal ad for your partner or a good friend.  Sheesh, seems kind of mean.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I think I can see a bit of sparkle in that sock. At least I'm telling myself that. Glad you had a feathered visitor yesterday. And that we got to see him too.