Thursday, February 18, 2021

Deconstructed

Today I made Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls which is a kind of deconstructed old recipe.  It's turkey stew with tomatoes, mushrooms, and a bale of chopped cabbage simmered together into an aromatic pot of yumminess.  I decided to spice it up a little with a pinch of red pepper flakes.  I've discovered that just a few flakes really elevates the taste of a recipe, brightens things up.


 


You can't really tell in this picture but the sun was shining and it was snowing.  Not a lot, only flurries, but it always amuses me when that happens.  The clouds were thin and high so the light was filtered and, like I said, there were only flurries but it made me smile.



This evening was the monthly meeting of the Bay Lakes Knitting Guild.  The program was learning how to knit socks two-at-a-time.  I thought about trying to learn and then realized that I didn't want to have a yarn tangle to deal with so I sat and knitted on my new Limes (that's the yarn's color name) sock while just about everyone else struggled to control their yarn and needles.  I felt very relaxed with my single sock and Double Pointed Needles.  Besides I'm a slow knitter.  I only managed to add about two inches in two hours.


Today's toss was a couple saucepans that lived in the back of the cupboard.  Never used them, not keeping them.

The prompt today asked what beauty means to me.  So I wrote about inner beauty shining through, overshadowing external beauty.  Semi-profound.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Inner beauty, hmmmm. Serenity? That's all I can come up with. I'm not sure one word would count but that's all I've got. Glad you had some sunshine even with a few snow flurries. And you do have heat. I pity those poor people in Texas.