Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Done Cooking

Yesterday's recipe was the last for this bout of Investment Cooking and today I brought up one each of the seven recipes so they can thaw out to be ready to be devoured over the next seven days.  Although I did buy turkey bacon last time I shopped so maybe I'll have bacon and eggs for supper one night this weekend.  Who doesn't like breakfast for supper?

Today was a dreary replacement for out glorious yesterday.  It started out gray and with snow flurries and then segued into intermittent sunshine, more flurries, and temps in the high thirties.  Balmy for this time of year but it couldn't hold a candle to yesterday.  I know you can't tell in this picture but it was snowing and blowing when I took this.  By the end of the day all of the snow on the slope below the retaining wall had melted.  Good thing I snowshoed on Monday, there's not enough snow left.



I went over to Zambaldi to visit DS to find him assembling cases in preparation for a bottling run tomorrow and cleaning tanks for more brewing next week.  I'd hate to pay their water bill.  He uses a lot of it.  The salesman for his local distributor stopped while I was there and said that their beer will be in Kwik Trip this spring.  Kwik Trip is a gas station convenience store chain here in WI.  Being in there will be a good thing, I think.



I cast on another hat with bulky yarn and fat needles.  I'm calling it the Greenie Beanie.  It's not as green as it will be yet but the skein shows lots of green and I'm going with it.  It's such a change from knitting with sock yarn and those skinny sock needles.  I can't decide which I like better.


Today I took all the latest tosses to Goodwill instead of tossing something else.  That counts, right?

The prompt today asked for ten adjectives to describe a tree to someone who has never seen one.  Um, tall, spreading, brown, green... and six more words.  It wasn't as easy as it seemed.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I'm always impressed with your pictures of Zambaldi's. It looks huge and sparkling. Like some kind of scientific laboratory. I guess it is, in a way. They do concoct some delicious sounding mixtures. How about "shade-providing" -- would that count as one word or two??