Sunday, February 21, 2021

It's Snowing

They promised that it would snow today and it is.  It started at about sunset and seems to be rather enthusiastic about making a showing.  It's supposed to stop around midnight and total between one and three inches.  With the warmer temperature it'll be wet, heavy snow so I guess I'll be out with the snowblower tomorrow morning.  *sigh*


It was sunny this morning for a little while and a Downy Woodpecker came to the suet feeder.  It was the only bird I saw today, nothing like the flood of them that came yesterday.



I decided to cook today even though the Amazon package didn't come.  I've got raw chicken in the fridge and don't want it to be in there too long.  Today's recipe was Chickpea Curry, not chicken but a very aromatic skillet full of yumminess.  I'll tackle the chicken tomorrow.  I've got containers I can use, they just won't be the fancy new ones I ordered.


This afternoon and evening I spent watching TV and knitting on the Limes sock.  I got the leg done, knitted the heel flap, turned the heel, picked up the gusset stitches, and decreased down to the foot.  Now I'll knit around and around (and around) for seven inches until it's time to decrease for the toe.


Today's toss was a box of fish bouillon cubes.  I did not buy them, Durwood did.  Ew.

The prompt asked about a time you were very nervous and what you would tell someone to help them not be nervous in the same situation.  I remembered being crazy nervous before our first Open Water dives and Durwood teasing me trying to jolly me out of being nervous which only made it worse.  Knowing how nervous I was makes me surprised that I came to love diving as much as I did.  I wonder if I'll ever go diving again.

Thanks for the call today, Aunt B!  It was great to talk to you.  You made my day.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

One bird is better than no birds at all. Sorry your Amazon delivery is delayed. I mistakenly ordered two items last week so you're getting the extra one. Putting it in the mail today and I think you'll love it. I'm glad we talked yesterday too. I love your blog but I love your voice even more. XXXXX