Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Smelled So Good

Today's recipe was Chicken Cacciatore in the slow cooker, which meant that all day the house smelled of tomato, onion, and bell pepper.  Tantalizing.  I also cooked up another batch of brown rice to put a scoop into each portion before stacking them in the freezer.



This House Finch perched on top of the crook before landing on the platform feeder.  He waited up there until the female came and then he joined her.  It was sunny for most of the day.  I like it when it's sunny.


 

One of the squirrels took advantage of the warmer temperature today (It got up to 23 degrees!) to hang from the suet cake feeder nibbling away and then dropping down onto the snow to clean up any bits that fell.


 


 

I stopped at Zambaldi to visit with DS this morning and saw that the beer cooler is all filled with six-packs of their beer ready for purchase.  I'm so proud of them for chasing their dream.



This isn't a beautiful sunset picture, it's a picture of how light it was at ten minutes before six o'clock tonight.  Proof positive that it's staying light later every day.



I finished the February Cast Sock #3 while the cacciatore was cooking...


... and then started another sock.  Socks are knit with skinny needles and skinny yarn which takes a long time to pile up.  I need to dig out some bulky yarn and take big needles to start a hat or something so I have another project to work on when I lose patience with the sock pace.


Today's toss was a pair of skillets that I've had for forty years and I think I've used them once each.

The prompt today was to write a haiku about a frog.  Haiku might be only seventeen syllables but getting them organized is a challenge.  I managed two but they're both pathetic.  I'm not sharing them.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Writing one Haiku would be a challenge for me -- let alone two!! And about a frog?? I'd need more than a prompt. Something like a kick in the pants. I commend you and wish you'd shared!