Sunday, February 28, 2021

A Day of Rest

That's what today turned out to be.  I just couldn't muster up enough gumption to do much.  It's what Sundays used to be like when I was a kid, a day of rest.  People didn't work on Sundays, stores weren't open, businesses were closed, it was a simpler time.  Man, I'm old.

 

 One thing I managed to do today was to write the prompts.  I got out the Art Gallery Page-a-day calendar a few weeks back and started writing one at bedtime but I'm not as comfortable lying on my stomach in bed writing so I've been writing at the kitchen table.  It's more comfy but may not be as inspiring as that end of the day time.  The picture for this weekend was a Currier & Ives print of Noah's Ark.  That was fun to write about.



This squirrel came back to the suet pellet feeder today and didn't turn its back on me.  I'm fascinated to watch it hang there and nibble away at the underside of the feeder.  It makes headway because the level of pellets is going down.


I finished the latest art assignment.  We were to find something to complain about.  I decided I couldn't complain about things that can't be changed, like the coronavirus or the fact that chocolate ice cream has calories, so I chose my latest Amazon shipment which came days late so I didn't get to use the new containers for the Investment Cooking.  I wrote out the complaint and then used a container to illustrate my displeasure, cutting the Amazon logo apart so it isn't smiling, it's frowning.  I'll show them.  But is it Art?  I'm confused.


Today's toss was my last pair of jeans that are too big.  Part of me thinks I should keep them, just in case, but the rest of me wants them outta here.  They're folded up with the too big shirts from yesterday's toss.

The prompt was to convince someone to your opinion about something.  I'm not very good at that kind of arguing so I wrote a dialogue extolling the virtues of dark chocolate over milk chocolate.  I can be persuasive where chocolate is concerned.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I love your non-verbal comment to Amazon -- the upside-down smile/frown. Very creative. That squirrel looks so big hanging there. His tail is almost bigger than his body. And he's definitely well-fed.