Saturday, February 20, 2021

Birdies!

Today was a real bird day.  It was sunny and a bunch of different birds came to the feeders.  I managed to take pictures of most of them.  I only missed the big Red-bellied Woodpecker that landed on the cracked corn feeder for a second and then flew away. 

There was a Cardinal.  I haven't seen one of those in a long while.



Right behind him came a Chickadee that landed on the platform feeder, the cracked corn feeder, and the birdbath in quick succession.


Then a single Junco landed under the feeders to see what had fallen...

 


... and a Downy Woodpecker came to the suet cakes for a snack.

 

 

 

Once the Downy was gone one of the squirrels came to the suet cakes for its snack too. 
 

You can see that it was sunny for most of the day.  I like it when it's sunny.  I went out to try to move some of the compacted snow off the driveway but didn't have much luck.

 


In the afternoon I finished the February Cast Sock #3.  If we'd stayed on Zoom for a half hour more last night I'd have finished it then.

 

 

Then I got back to work on the Limes sock.  In another couple inches it'll be time for the heel.  This color yarn is very much out of my usual color choice.  I like darker colors but for some reason this one appeals to me, maybe because it looks so spring-y.

 

I didn't cook anything today because I was waiting for an Amazon delivery that never came.  I ordered a new digital scale (mine is broken) and some different containers that I think will be better for some of the dishes and they were supposed to be delivered today but when I went to track the package I found the message that it had been "misrouted" and will be coming under a different tracking number.  Which means I can't track it.  And it'll come  in its own sweet time.  Grrr.  I guess I put the Investment Cooking on hold for a day or two to see if the package arrives.

Today's toss was a pottery bowl that you're supposed to bake bread in.  I never had any luck getting the bread to not stick to the bowl.  Frustrating.

I enjoyed the prompt today (finally).  It asked what animal you'd like to be reincarnated as and what your first day would be like.  My favorite animal is a giraffe but I'm afraid of heights which would be a problem.  Writing that little page made me smile as I thought about the challenge of a giraffe with that fear.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I'm so glad all those birds came and we got to see them too! Yes, that lime sock is definitely Springy. You should write a children's book about a scared-of-heights giraffe. You know you could do it!!!